Total Pageviews

Monday, September 9, 2019

Ah c'mon


When I decided to use this blog to follow the M's through a whole season I never anticipated things would get so bad I would lose any appetite for writing about something I've loved following since my early teens.  But yesterday's game finally exhausted any desire to report on these Mariners.

Houston's four game series sweep was bad enough.  But the last game, the final of a ten game roadtrip that yielded exactly one Seattle victory, was the worst... historically so.  The 21 to 1 difference was the biggest loss the M's have ever suffered.  On top of that they were held to one hit, for the second time this season (after getting no-hit twice).  

The whole team just collapsed, hitting and pitching, all at once, altogether.  It's probably fitting that the total collapse began with Felix on the mound, his late career comeback pretty much failed.  He never got out of the third and, if I counted correctly, five doubles, a walk and a hit batsman before he and Servais threw in the towel.

Just a disaster. I need time to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment