Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 28, 2019

View in the rearview mirror



Got to be true, there was a lot I liked about last year's Mariners.  As much as I am intrigued and excited about all these new players Dipoto has brought to Seattle, I miss some of the old guys.

So I did a quick check-up on some.  Nelson hasn't done much of anything for the Twins... two runs, no at bats, limited playing time, must have walked twice.  Segura?  Tearing the hide off the ball for Philly... hardly a big surprise... batting low .600s.  Zunino one home run for Tampa, looks like a usual slow start for Mike.  Cano hitting well for the Mets.

The two I cared most about haven't played much or shown much.  Ben Gamel 1 for 7 for the Brewers.    Heredia 1 for 5 for Tampa.  Sugar... lots of work, 1-1 with a 3.00 ERA... 11Ks in 10 innings for the Mets.  Paxton has two scoreless innings for the Yankees... oh how I dread seeing him later in the season.  Sure hope Sheffield, Swanson and T-W make up for the loss of Pax.

Bad news on Taylor Motter.  In December he left his Dominican Winter League team to return to US for "facial surgery."  No idea what that is about.  He's not in Spring training with his last team, the Twins.  His last Twitter post has a picture with a new haircut, but no mention where he is or what he's doing.  I'll keep checking.

No comments:

Post a Comment