Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Four losses in a row



It is definitely more fun to write this blog when they are winning.  I couldn't see last night's 5-4 loss to Cleveland.  From the broadcast it sounds like the home plate ump called some key questionable pitches as strikes.  I can't confirm that.  What I do know is the M's struck out 11 times , six of them called of them called and at key moments leaving seven runners on base.  I can't get the exact number but I recall a couple on full counts.

In viewing the video replays a couple of those called strikeouts with runners in scoring position do look marginal, but a couple of days ago they were fouling them off.  Since when are the M's taking close pitches on two-strike counts.

The eighth inning was a bullpen disaster. Two runs, four walks and a HBP along with two errors by Beckham.

M's weaknesses totally exposed. Try to do better tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment