Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Truth be told



After Friday's walk-off fielder's choice win, following a thrashing of the Rangers the night before, my lede was something to the effect, I feel sorry for Texas, they have an awful team, a weaker version of the Mariners who can do what the Rangers are trying to do but can't.  I didn't write it because, even after back-to-back wins, I just couldn't quite figure out how to make my argument.  

And it's a good thing I didn't because the Rangers proved me wrong, taking the next two games from Ms 15-1, 14-1.  I don't think I've ever seen that, back to back two touchdown losses.  It was all bad, but the fielding was the most upsetting.  I love Beckham's hitting, but he's not a shortstop.  I'm not sure he is any kind of fielder.

They have a day-off tomorrow, then the Cubs make a rare visit to Seattle.  Consider the irony in this: Felix has got to be the stopper.

Update:  thanks to Jeff Passon, who tweeted this out:  in a record breaking year, the Ms have tied one.  Since WW2 only six other teams had consecutive losses by 13+ runs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment