Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 25, 2019

Different ballpark, same game



The change of scenary from Texas to Oakland didn't help.  Ms started hitting, but never got in synch... they ended up with 11 left on base after five and only one run.  LeBlanc pitched alright but gave up an early 3-run home run.  Just when the offense looked like they were ready to make a run for it, Gearrin failed to hold them and it was all too little too late.

Again, my pitching logic is tested.  Maybe I'm thinking wrong.  With two runners on base wouldn't a pitcher be particularly cautious about throwing a pitch the batter could drive for a home run?Obviously I'd be looking for an out, but in those circumstances the last thing I'd want is a three-run homer.  If I'm going to give up any runs, less is better than more, right?

Oh, yeah, there was an A's run scored on a throwing error, too.  Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment