Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 14, 2009

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

The internet has been good to me. I would never have gotten to know all of you nor been able to transact business from London to Guam without a global computer connection. Until now I've used my website www.pnwconsult.com and an occasionally published e-newsletter to communicate with my friends and clients.

I've come to the conclusion that both of those methods are too passive and slow to get my ideas into the flow of the decisions you need to make everyday. So I'm taking a big leap here. I will continue to maintain my website and to send out my newsletters, but I am going to open this blog as my main portal to you.

It's a big undertaking, because I plan to update it two or three times during the business week. To maintain the highest quality of service to my clients, whose leadership responsibilities challenge them on a daily basis, my information and counsel needs to be out there every day, too.

I'm choosing to officially launch this blog on Thursday, May 14. Tomorrow I will be in Washington DC attending the National Association of REALTORS(r) annual Midyear Conference. I have been invited to make a presentation to NAR's leaders from boards across the country. The topic is my favorite: strategic planning.

I'm going to try to do something different today, for them and for you. By now most people understand what planning is and have an idea of its utility and process. What I plan to share is the hidden power of planning, the impacts that go well beyond setting long term goals... strengthened leadership teams, powerful bonds of commitment among everyone who is part of an organization, more effective and accountable management and unprecedented levels of achievement.

1 comment: