Total Pageviews

Friday, March 8, 2019

Keep 'em coming


As this spring progresses the outlines of Dipoto's reimagined team become clearer.  I think my hypothesis that he went out to get more Mitch Hanigers is proving true.  Along with Jake Fraley the next candidate in my list of Mitch-alikes is Braden Bishop.

I'm a pretty alert baseball fan, at least as far as the AL West is concerned, but prior to this last couple of weeks I'd never heard of Fraley or Bishop, much less imagined I'd be getting excited about watching them hit.

Bishop was raking last night in the M's clobbering of the Reds.  Again, Haniger hitting, line-drives all over the feel, some good power, patience at the plate.  As much as I liked Gamel and Heredia, the prospect of Fraley and Bishop backing up an outfield of Santana, Smith and Haniger looks promising.  That is not a 81-win or lesx team.  Maybe these guys can compete.

Oh, and let's not forget Kyle Lewis who was in right last night.  He's less of a surprise, we've been hearing about Lewis for sometime.  He's healthy, at last, and he looks like these guys with even more power.  Just watch this guy at the plate.  His bat looks like a toothpick in his hands and he is just comfortable up there.  His grace and confidence remind me of Mike Trout.

Keep watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment