Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 30, 2019

Reality sucks!


If you're anything like me, last night, around the top of the 8th, with the M's up 6-3 over the Red Sox, and three more homers under the belt, I start thinking about making that order for World Series tickets when, once again, I'm reminded that these are the Seattle Mariners and their job is to lure you into thinking they are a professional baseball team capable of holding a lead over two innings. Quicker than you can say "Sugar Diaz," Rosscup gives up a solo home run and an inning later Hunter Strickland teaches me why it feels so good to drive your hand through a wall, letting Mitch Moreland put Boston ahead with a three-run blast.  And, of course, the Seattle bats go quiet and the last sight of this undefeated team is of Daniel "Clutch" Vogelbach striking out on three pitches.

Did I predict 88 wins?  Make that 78.  How could I have been so foolish?

No comments:

Post a Comment